The effect of smoking on your life
Addiction to smoking can be all encompassing and can dictate the way that you live your life and arrange your social activities. As a smoker you are essentially a slave to the addiction. You probably find that you avoid certain situations based on whether or not you will be able to smoke. You may plan many activities around smoking. No doubt, you are fully aware that this addiction is both unhealthy and expensive.
Smoking and its effect on those around you
One of the toxic aspects of smoking is second-hand smoke. Only 15% of the smoke from a cigarette is inhaled by the smoker. The other 85% goes directly into the air and is known as second-hand smoke. Second-hand smoke is a combination of Mainstream smoke, which is the smoke inhaled and then breathed out, and Side stream smoke, which is the smoke coming from the cigarette between puffs. Side stream smoke has more tar, nicotine, carbon monoxide, and other chemicals that cause cancer than the smoke inhaled through the cigarette itself. So, those around you become passive smokers.
Smokers are usually well aware of these dangers, but are unable to stop due to their physical addiction to nicotine. Matrix Laser Clinics can help you overcome this addiction once and for all.
Smoking is Poisonous
Carbon monoxide is a colourless and odourless gas which makes it hard to detect. It is about 3% lighter than air and is poisonous to many forms of life. When you smoke, carbon monoxide is inhaled along with tar, nicotine, and many other deadly toxins. After entering the mouth it quickly enters the blood stream which reduces the body's ability to absorb oxygen. This causes smokers to run out of breath quickly and feel fatigued. Carbon Monoxide travels to the heart and lungs where it seeps into the tissue cells. This makes smoking a major factor in lung cancer and heart disease. Prolonged exposure to this harmful gas can result in death.
Smoking is Addictive
When a smoker inhales a cigarette nicotine reaches the brain within seven seconds. This causes an elevation of endorphins, which are the body's natural pain reduction and pleasure chemicals produced in the brain. Nicotine causes a person to feel awake and alert. Over time smoking depletes the body's ability to naturally release endorphins, therefore more and more nicotine is needed to trigger this response. This leaves the smoker feeling tired, depressed and craving cigarettes.
More than 4,000 chemicals have been identified in cigarette smoke, of these at least 43 are known to cause cancer. More than 25 other disease are also associated with smoking, including diseases of the pancreas, kidney, uterus and cervix. Smoking also increases the chances of developing emphysema and increases the risk of stroke by 30%.
Tobacco is as addictive as heroin as a mood and behaviour altering agent.
- 1,000 times more potent than alcohol
- 10-100 times more potent than barbiturates
- 5-10 times more potent than cocaine or morphine
A 1-2 pack per day smoker inhales 200-400 times daily for years. This is a constant intake of a fast acting drug, which effects concentration and performance, eventually producing complete and total dependence.
How Matrix Laser Clinics can help you stop smoking for good
Twenty years of research and development have allowed Matrix Laser Clinics to create an advanced therapy that will help bring about a new era of healthy living. At Matrix Laser Clinics we believe the answer to combating tobacco addiction is our three step program which involves the following components:
1. Laser Acupuncture to reduce the physical need for nicotine without using a drug.
We use computerised, low powered lasers which target thirty specific Acupuncture points. The laser is completely painless. These points have been selected to help;
- Increase endorphin production to significantly reduce withdrawals symptoms and cravings.
- Increase the detox response to rid your body of nicotine quickly and to promote your body's healing response.
2. Seven tools that are designed to help you deal effectively with the psychological aspects of quitting smoking.
These strategies and tools will help you break habits, associations and thoughts of smoking, in the long and short term. In addition, we are available to offer telephone advice and support after the treatment.
3. Herbal Supplements:
- The 1st supplement helps your body eliminate toxins and speed up the healing process.
- The 2nd supplement enhances your immune system to help your body recover more quickly from smoking.
- The 3rd supplement is used at times when you would normally reach for a cigarette. It will help you cope better in times of stress.
Matrix Laser Clinics have developed a complete approach to help you resolve the issue of tobacco addiction.
For further information regarding the benefits of laser, or to schedule an appointment please call our head office 1300 67 68 69.